Thursday - I was unable to attend a toastmasters Club meeting this week. The one closest to me was meeting at 12pm on Tuesday. The next meeting that I may be able to make in future weeks is about 20 min away. It begins at 7pm which is possible. I may look at going to one in the future. I know that my place of employment has encourage many of our team member to attend.
Today, I read over chapter 15. I found this chapter very helpful. The chapter covered the importance of outlining your upcoming speech or presentation. A well organized and thought out presentation flows in a natural manner. The three organizational structures that I am familiar with are chronological , cause and effect, and problem and solution. I was not as familiar with spatial order. This type of order would be used when talking about an earthquake-prone area. When giving a speech about a particular topic the introduction and conclusion are important. The introduction must hook in the audience so that they continue to listen to the entire presentation. It is also important when giving a presentation to avoid topics or words that turn people off. Anytime someone in church begins talking about “the end times” and how everyone is going to fly off. I immediately stop listening. The conclusion is also important because the speaker is summarizing the key points that he/she wants the listeners to retain.
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment