Kinesthetic people may have difficulty communicating in confined areas. This limits their experience to feel their surroundings.
Verbal barriers that I have encountered are the words such as umm, cussing, and slang words. It may be difficult to understand someone that speaks too fast, too quiet, or too loud. A person that continues to talk creates a barrier and is a slight turn off. I only know one person like this.
I am aware of my interpersonal barriers. I have very strong beliefs. I have learned a lot about prejudices and work towards overcoming those by focusing on treating each person with the respect they deserve. When I meet people that do not share my beliefs and convictions I just don’t talk about them and work towards treating that person with respect.
I may be able to minimize potential barriers in my own communication by being aware of other communication styles then watch and listen in order to understand what communication style that person is using. I can then try to alter my communication style in order to talk the same language.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment