Tuesday, April 10, 2007
What an adventure!
Thought for the day…. I have never been a person that keeps a diary so it may be a challenge to keep a running blog. I will give this my best. Today, I woke up and was slightly bummed from yesterday. Before I tell you about yesterday I need to recap the first week in April. Currently my husband and I live on 5 flat acres with two trees. We have a nice new manufactured home that we put on the land 2 years ago. After about 6 months the newness of things begins to wear off and we saw how flat and treeless the land really was. The first week in April, I spoke to my husband and said that instead of talking about a better property lets do something about it. We went looking at different houses and also land. We found the perfect property. 6 acres of gently sloping land with oak trees. The oak trees are so beautiful. The property has a house pad but no house. My husband and I decided that we are going to build a custom house on the property. We spend two days designing a two story house that had a cylinder structure would enclose the stair case. I was so excited. However, we found that the structure of the house will cost us more than we want to pay. That is the reason I was bummed this morning. I was really excited about the house we had developed. I am feeling better because we found a house plan that we both liked. This plan is 1800 square feet and it will be a single story. It reminds me of a Villa. The entry way will have two arches which will be unique. So, the excitement is coming back. I guess my husband and I have expensive taste. Selecting the second house over the first house was difficult. We could technically afford the first house, however, we would not be able to go on any fancy vacations like Hawaii or visit Germany. I am glad that the second house will be affordable. Once I get a picture of the land I will post it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Angela,
This is Beatriz Cifuentes, one of your classmates in NU. I like your tittle it makes so much sense. I am new at this sites too, so I am a little lost but learning in the process. It was very interesting reading about your house, planing together also builds a relationship and yours seems very strong. I have only one cat but 3 kids and the cat is the one who behaves better... NAhhh my kids are good too but are teenagers and preteens.
Good luck with your projects.
Bea
Welcome aboard.
Wow, just thinking about the house you described makes me want to move! I wish I could afford land like that, but in SOCAL the price would be out of this world! I guess I will stay in my track home and a little backyard for a little longer! Good luck on the new flat!
Angela, your place sounds beautiful. I live in central/southern california and land like that would cost a fortune here. Where do you live? We helped my sister in law and her husband build their house this pst summer on their land (they have 2 1/2 acres) and it looked huge. I can't imagine having 6! Lucky duck.
Hi Angela,
I am one of your classmates at NU. Your house sounds like it is going to be wonderful once you are done building. A villa on six acres sounds heavenly. Congratulations on your graduation this June and good luck on the house.
Heather
Hi Angela. 5 acres! I would love to have that much room. You are very lucky. I love oak trees as well. Can't wait to see a picture of the land!
Post a Comment